Re: 9.6beta, parallel execution and cpu_tuple_cost - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 9.6beta, parallel execution and cpu_tuple_cost
Date
List pgsql-general
Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> writes:
> while playing around with the parallel aggregates and seq scan in 9.6beta I noticed that Postgres will stop using
parallelplans when cpu_tuple_cost is set to a very small number.

If you don't reduce the parallel-plan cost factors proportionally,
it's not very surprising that reducing that would tend to bias the
planner away from using parallel plans.  See parallel_setup_cost and
parallel_tuple_cost.

            regards, tom lane