Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe
Date
Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe
Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe
List pgsql-general
> On 11/20/2017 11:40 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> One thing I would note is that there is no longer a footer
> that tells people what to do if they want to unsubscribe. Perhaps one
> thing that could be done is a header (for a temporary time period) that
> says:
> The mailing list software of Postgresql.org has changed. Please see this
> page on instructions on how to manage your subscription and filters.
> And then after the temporary time period that becomes a footer?

Unfortunately, the removal of the footer is a feature not a bug.
In order to be DKIM-compatible and thus help avoid becoming classified
as spammers, we can't mangle message content anymore, just like we
can't mangle the Subject: line.

In principle, the List-Unsubscribe: headers that are now included in
mailing list headers allow MUAs to offer convenient unsubscribe
buttons.  Not sure how many of the people who are complaining use
mail agents that don't handle that.
        regards, tom lane