Re: Possible corruption by CreateRestartPoint at promotion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Possible corruption by CreateRestartPoint at promotion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 12:36:10PM +0800, Rui Zhao wrote:
>> Do you have interest in adding a test like one in my patch?

> I have studied the test case you are proposing, and I am afraid that
> it is too expensive as designed.

That was my feeling too.  It's certainly a useful test for verifying
that we fixed the problem, but that doesn't mean that it's worth the
cycles to add it as a permanent fixture in check-world, even if we
could get rid of the timing assumptions.