Re: Possible corruption by CreateRestartPoint at promotion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Possible corruption by CreateRestartPoint at promotion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Wed, 27 Apr 2022 01:31:55 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
> > On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 12:36:10PM +0800, Rui Zhao wrote:
> >> Do you have interest in adding a test like one in my patch?
>
> > I have studied the test case you are proposing, and I am afraid that
> > it is too expensive as designed.
>
> That was my feeling too.  It's certainly a useful test for verifying
> that we fixed the problem, but that doesn't mean that it's worth the
> cycles to add it as a permanent fixture in check-world, even if we
> could get rid of the timing assumptions.

My first feeling is the same.  And I don't find a way to cause this
cheap and reliably without inserting a dedicate debugging-aid code.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center