Re: pgNixInstaller: Making PostgreSQL relocatable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgNixInstaller: Making PostgreSQL relocatable
Date
Re: pgNixInstaller: Making PostgreSQL relocatable  (John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Enver ALTIN <ealtin@parkyeri.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> s/doable/already done/, no?

> I did a Google search on "relocatable PostgreSQL" and the first
> result[1] said it's already done. Apparently it didn't work for me on
> Solaris 8 (linking problems). I'll be looking at it sometime today.

OK ... it's supposed to work to shift the whole installation tree to
a new root, ie, paths to places like the /share and /lib directories
are determined relative to where the backend executable actually is.
If this is not working on Solaris then for sure we want to know ...