Re: OraToPg WAS: new project submissions on - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Mair
Subject Re: OraToPg WAS: new project submissions on
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> but...
> How different from ora2pg is OraToPg ?

completely different :)

protopg (formerly known as oratopg) tries to implemente a parser that
on the fly translates SQL and PL dialects from Oracle's variant to
the standard and/or PG variant. It's in an proof-of-concept/alpha stage.
It hopefully will appear on pgfoundry soon.

ora2pg is (as far as I know, but it's a long time since I used it) a Perl
tool that can read data from oracle DBs and store into PG DBs.
Think of an export/import tool. It's considered stable. It's part of
PostgreSQL's contrib package.

Bye, Chris.

PS: Oracle is a TM etc...