Re: [HACKERS] Index only scan for cube and seg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Index only scan for cube and seg
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> writes:
>> 29 окт. 2017 г., в 2:24, Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> написал(а):
>> Thus, it should be safe to just remove both compress/decompress methods from existing opclass.

> Alexander, Tom, you are absolutely right. I was sure there is toasting code in cube's compress, but it was not ever
there.
> Here is patch for cube that drops functions.

I've pushed this with a few adjustments:

* I wasn't satisfied with the amount of schema-qualification in the
pg_depend update queries.  I thought they could do with comments
explaining what they were doing and why, as well.

* I didn't have much confidence in the new cube test case producing
a consistent row order across all platforms, so I added an ORDER BY.
I made some other cosmetic adjustments to the tests too.

* In both modules, you'd forgotten to update the alternative
expected-files.