Re: Images in the official documentation - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Images in the official documentation
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 2/23/18 11:21, Tom Lane wrote:
> In the distant
> past, as I recall, we had a GIF or two; but we abandoned that on the
> grounds that it was unmaintainable and also incompatible with some
> documentation output formats.  I'm not too sure what the state of
> play is on the latter point, now that we've switched to XML.

The complications with the image formats in the past were mainly around
what ((pdf)jade)tex would accept.  The tools have shifted a bit now, and
the zoo formats is a different one.  Nothing that a few make rules
couldn't address, though, I think.

The issue of how to manage the sources is still the same, though.