improve man pages build speed - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject improve man pages build speed
Date
List pgsql-docs
The attached patch improves the build speed for the man pages on my
system from about 50 seconds to about 15 seconds.

It looks like the stylesheets are spending a lot of time counting the
links in the man pages so that it can put them into numbered endnotes,
but we don't have anything like that anyway, so we can save a lot of
time by turning this off.  (I suppose we'd have to turn it back on if we
have have content like that, but we've never had anything like that
before, so it doesn't seem particularly pressing.)

Attachment