Re: pgAgent absent from win32 beta distributions? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Kevin Field
Subject Re: pgAgent absent from win32 beta distributions?
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Apr 22, 11:34 am, Kevin Field <kevinjamesfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 22, 11:17 am, dp...@pgadmin.org (Dave Page) wrote:

> > > Aha:  "Couldn't create the primary connection (attempt 10):
> > > fe_sendauth: no password supplied" and nine other attempts, then
> > > finally, "Stopping pgAgent: Couldn't establish the primary connection
> > > with the database server."
>
> > Create a pgpass file for your service user :-)
>
> >http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/libpq-pgpass.html
>
> Gosh...
>
> Except now it's not starting at all, citing a logon failure, but
> that's odd, because it's the same pgpass file as the user I use all
> the time.  Lemme try reinstalling and choosing the right user this
> time from the beginning...

Oh, it's the service account password, not the pg user password.  I
thought I had it right because in the Services window it'll take any
password and not complain, as long as the two match...

Thanks for your patience and help!