Re: License clarification: BSD vs MIT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: License clarification: BSD vs MIT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> ISTM we should apply to OSI for approval of our licence, so we can then
> refer to it as the PostgreSQL licence.

IMHO and not being a lawyer, this is the only reason for anyone to
think in change our license i think...
even in the case both licenses are "roughly equivalent", because users
are afraid of any changes. if we simply change our license for no good
reason we will have a ton of questions about if PostgreSQL is being
sold just as MySQL was...

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova