Re: Hot standby and synchronous replication status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: Hot standby and synchronous replication status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> Yeah, that would work.  Although it would probably take as much verbiage
>> to document the utility as it does to document how to do it manually.
>
> Yes, but it would *feel* less hackish to sysadmins and DBAs, and make
> them more confident about moving the xlogs.

and is better for marketing... in fact, when i say we need to move
them manually with a symlink sysadmins looks to me like an strange bug
;)

> Getting it to work on windows will be a pita, though ... Andrew?

mmm... is there a way to make this *manually* in windows? maybe this
is enough reason for a tool to make it...

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova