Re: BUG #15735: postgis extension missing - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #15735: postgis extension missing
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Prakash Ramakrishnan <prakash.ramakrishnan.ap@nielsen.com> writes:
>>> postgres=# create extension postgis;
>>> ERROR:  could not open extension control file
>>> "/usr/pgsql-11/share/extension/postgis.control": No such file or directory

> Yes, it's done. Already installed postgis but not able to create the
> extension.

Well, it's not there in the installation you're using.  I speculate
that you are using PGDG server RPMs but installed a Postgis RPM that's
meant to go with Red Hat's postgresql RPMs.  The file layouts are
different between the two sets of RPMs, so mix-and-match won't work.

            regards, tom lane