Re: passing resource id's through functions - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Frank Bax
Subject Re: passing resource id's through functions
Date
List pgsql-php
I never had any problems with pg_pconnect either.  When I switched to
pg_connect I only had isolated problems, most of the time I was able to
pass it to functions, but sometime the script would die.

I use the PHPLIB DB abstraction classes rather than pg_connect directly,
but I don't think that's a factor here.

    $dbc = new DB_Example    /* calls pg_connect() */
    $func1($dbc);
    $func2($dbc);

If func1 contains two calls to $dbc->query() (invokes pg_exec($dbc,..))
then func2 will fail ($dbc not a resource), otherwise func2 works properly.

However, I have not yet been able to properly resolve the problem.

Frank