Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95
Date
List pgsql-general
At 11:08 AM 25-02-2000 +0100, Wim Ceulemans wrote:
>Unless you want to store for example your contacts in an RDBMS on your
>personal computer, instead of using MS-Outlook that uses an inefficient
>storage format and no integrity checks.
>
>You would in this case use the database server always just to service 1
>client program.

Hmm, how about you run linux and VMWARE. That way you have a virtual
windows machine on your Linux box.

You can then have postgres on your linux box, and whatever windows stuff on
the vmware stuff.

If you got a kickass notebook you can have even more virtual machines on a
virtual network. All stuck in one single Linux notebook..

But I still don't know of good ways to run database servers on Win 9x. Not
recommended :).

Have fun!

Link.