Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95
Date
List pgsql-general
At 07:07 PM 22-02-2000 +0100, Marten Feldtmann wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 Elmar.Haneke@gmx.de wrote:
>>
>>     Is there really an interest in spending the extra money for a
>> Windows license to build a less reliable database server?
>>

> Hmmm, try to think about an application, which normally runs on a server,
>but then is also wanted (with much less data) on a notebook ...

Erm I got linux running on my notebook. It's got a phone directories on it,
with a web app to access it.

Think about it, you get a server with a 2+ hour UPS, built in portable
console screen.
Even rack mountable with the proper kit ;).

If only notebooks were more reliable, then we could make cool routers out
of them..

Hmm, router with routing tables stored in postgres (multilevel cached of
course for performance) <grin>. Nah.... hehehe.

Cheerio,

Link.