Re: open pgsql files (was Re: [GENERAL] Mime-Version: 1.0) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: open pgsql files (was Re: [GENERAL] Mime-Version: 1.0)
Date
List pgsql-general
At 03:28 PM 21-02-2000 -0600, Ed Loehr wrote:

>Your numbers do not surprise me at all.  Backend pgsql servers live
>for the lifetime of the client connection, and they open a similarly
>large number of files on my system.  I throttle them by throttling the
>life of the apache children who are generally the only clients.

Oh, the poor little kiddies. Looks like I may have to commit genocide from
time to time as well. <grin>.

But doesn't the backend close the files after it's done with em? Or it
doesn't know when it's done with the files?

I've really nothing against native americans, is there a way to throttle or
fix our good ol elephant instead?

Cheerio,
Link.