Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [HACKERS] coming ColdFusion support for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Ken J. Wright
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [HACKERS] coming ColdFusion support for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
>the location of PGDATA is likely to move in 7.0 RPM's unless I hear a
>cry otherwise.  Currently, PGDATA is /var/lib/pgsql, I'm considering
>changing that to /var/lib/pgsql/data, which is more in line with the
>standard installation.  This gives me the whole /var/lib/pgsql tree for
>backups and other temp data that I need to move out of /usr/lib/pgsql.

My two cents (sense?).

/var/lib follows Redhat dist install, correct?

I just installed 6.5.3 from the rpms for the first time and was thrown off
just a little, because I have always compiled & installed from the sources
to the default of /usr/local/pgsql.
This caused me to update some environment variables (PGxxx & PATH), but
that's about it. I actually prefer to have the source install and the rpm
install remain in separate places. But I would suggest /var/lib/pgsql/data
just to be inline with the source install. BTW, the rpm install was a
breeze. Much appreciated ;-)

Ken