Re: [HACKERS] coming ColdFusion support for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: [HACKERS] coming ColdFusion support for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 01:59:07PM -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:
> "Ross J. Reedstrom" wrote:
> > This _will_ lead to more commercial type users, I can guarantee.
> > Especially since the examples will be there. Lamar, we should make sure
> > that they detect the RPM install correctly, so that the examples just
> > work, right out of the box. I can image a lot of "throw together a demo,
> > using a DB backend, oh, here's PostgreSQL, I can use that" systems ending
> > up in production, since it'll just keep working.
>
> If you, as a beta tester for Cold Fusion, can let me know what they're
> looking for, then I can oblige them with no problem. :-)

Hmm, looks like it would have found either a RPM or source install,
but mis-sets a variable for the source install. I'll send you the
appropriate snippet from the install script privately. The script wants
to find createdb and psql to run, and uses the location of postmaster
as a clue.

> I am going to look at Olivers Debian packages more closely so that I can
> use the same envvar names for consistency, if I do use envvars.

Good plan. Coordinating the different packages will make everyone's job
easier.

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer