Re: pg_dumplo, thanks :) (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: pg_dumplo, thanks :) (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 01:37 PM 4/6/00 +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
>>  this is not first letter about pg_dumplo which I head. What add pg_dumplo
>> to contrib or main tree?
>
>I probably haven't been paying attention. Have we heard about
>pg_dumplo? Have you posted it so we can see it?
>
>There is no fundamental problem including a utility like this in the
>main tree or the contrib/ area, but tell us more about it and show us
>the code! :)

If it runs as a separate utility, there's no way for it to guarantee
a dump consistent with the previous run of pg_dump, right?

While this is OK, one of the great things about 6.5 is the fact that
pg_dump now makes a consistent dump, you don't have to tear down all
your users before doing a backup.

So wouldn't it be better to fold pg_dumplo into pg_dump?