Re: Are there plans to add data compression feature to postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Subject Re: Are there plans to add data compression feature to postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Christophe <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:
I'm a bit surprised to hear that; what would pg be doing, unique to it, that would cause it to be slower on a RAID-1 cluster than on a plain drive?
yes, it is slower on mirror-raid from single drive.
I can give you all the /proc/* dumps if you want, as far as computer goes, it isn't anything fancy. dual way p4, and sata drives of some sort.

--
GJ