Re: Issue in GIN fast-insert: XLogBeginInsert + Read/LockBuffer ordering - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zhang Mingli
Subject Re: Issue in GIN fast-insert: XLogBeginInsert + Read/LockBuffer ordering
Date
List pgsql-hackers
HI,

On Oct 12, 2022, 10:09 +0800, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>, wrote:

Nice catches, both of you. Let's adjust everything spotted in one
shot. Matthias' patch makes the ordering right, but the
initialization path a bit harder to follow when using a separate list.
The code is short so it does not strike me as a big deal, and it comes
from the fact that we need to lock an existing buffer when merging two
lists. For the branch where we insert into a tail page, the pages are
already locked but it looks to be enough to move XLogBeginInsert()
before the first XLogRegisterBuffer() call.

Would any of you like to write a patch?
--
Michael
Patch added.