Re: PGCon brand - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Re: PGCon brand
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

>>   Seems like a lack of imagination to me.  If you try to
>> do microsoft.us, I can promise you that you'd find your butt in court
>> real fast.
>
> One has nothing to do with the other.
>
> I run Pg Conference or Pg Conference, U.S. Yes I do have pgcon.us which
> I use when logistically necessary (if I am limited on character length).

There are dozens, if not hundreds, of URL shorteners. Here are a few
to get you started: moourl.com, is.gd, tr.im and bacn.me. There is no
need for you to use pgcon.us for *practical* reasons.

> Otherwise the conference domain is postgresqlconference.org. I also do
> try to make sure I don't use the PgCon name. So let's not put any of
> this off on me.

You have been asked not to use pgcon.us, and yet you continue to use it anyway.

Why is that, JD?

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann