Database name with semicolon - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joby John
Subject Database name with semicolon
Date
Re: Database name with semicolon  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general

Hi,

We have a windows application which communicate to Postgres database via PostgreSQL ODBC drivers for windows.

One of our customers has a database with semicolon in its name (e.g.: “db; name”) and our application is failing to establish connection to that database saying like it could not find the database.

We tried all known possibilities by enclosing the DB name under quotes, curly brackets etc. but none solved the problem.

I wonder whether there is any possible way to achieve connection to such database. If not, probably it’s better not to support semicolons within the database name.

Not sure whether I need to submit this query as a bug or not. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Joby John

Joby John
Software Developer
NCC Group
Kings Court, Kingston Road, Leatherhead, KT22 7SL

Telephone: +44 1372 383 800
Mobile:
Website: www.nccgroup.trust
Twitter: @NCCGroupplc

This email is sent for and on behalf of NCC Group. NCC Group is the trading name of NCC Services Limited (Registered in England CRN: 2802141). The ultimate holding company is NCC Group plc (Registered in England CRN: 4627044). This email may be confidential and/or legally privileged.