Re: Tech Docs and Consultants - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Scott Lamb
Subject Re: Tech Docs and Consultants
Date
Re: Tech Docs and Consultants
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tuesday, Apr 15, 2003, at 12:35 US/Central, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Nor does your suggestion solve the problem of how to get the documents
> on the
> web page if the submitter doesn't have CVS access ....

I'm not sure I understand the CVS requirement as a big problem. I see
people not wanting CVS for two reasons:

- Requiring submitters to understand CVS. But honestly, I'm not sure
about the quality of any tech document written by someone who doesn't.

- Requiring submitters to have a CVS account. I've contributed via CVS
to many projects at which I have no account. I make a patch file and
send it to someone who does. I don't think that creates much more work
for me or them.

Scott