Re: Tech Docs and Consultants - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Tech Docs and Consultants
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Shridhar,

> May I suggest another option. Let's create documents in latex/lyx etc.

Er ... no.   I won't use latex; I'm not going to ask anyone else to.  That'd
be the same as distributing Emacs macros for Techdocs and requiring everyone
to use those.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with Latex.   What I'm saying is
that we absolutely cannot adopt any solution that requires content submitters
to have specific software installed on their computers.   Web forms are the
way to go.

Nor does your suggestion solve the problem of how to get the documents on the
web page if the submitter doesn't have CVS access ....

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions