Re: Migration from Oracle 11g to Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Vibhor Kumar
Subject Re: Migration from Oracle 11g to Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-admin
On May 2, 2013, at 10:38 AM, "McKinzie, Alan (Alan)" <alanmck@avaya.com> wrote:

> I used ora2pg a couple years ago.  I made a few minor changes to fit our specific requirements, but it worked well
forour migration to Postgresql.

Ora2Pg is a good tool for one time migration.

However, when we come to crucial production databases where we have least downtime window. Then replicating data from
Oracleto PostgreSQL and later doing switchover to postgreSQL (new database) in short window, is the efficient way I
havefound and I have used xDB Replication most of time, since its easy to configure and provides GUI mode to monitor
yourreplication etc. I did many migration from Oracle Production database to PostgreSQL. Getting long downtime window
forProduction is the main issue I have seen for crucial customer facing applications.

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
Blogs:http://vibhork.blogspot.com
http://vibhorkumar.wordpress.com