Re: IDLE queries taking up space - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Ribe
Subject Re: IDLE queries taking up space
Date
List pgsql-general
On Aug 30, 2011, at 10:03 AM, JD Wong wrote:

> How can I set postgres to qutomatically close connections that have finished their queries and now sit idle?

They haven't finished their queries. They've opened transactions, and then are sitting there doing nothing. In other
words,this is a bug in your clients, and no, you really would not want PG automatically terminating connections
mid-transactionjust because it thought the client was taking too long to get to the next step.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com