Re: IDLE queries taking up space - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rodrigo Gonzalez
Subject Re: IDLE queries taking up space
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/30/2011 02:13 PM, Scott Ribe wrote:
> On Aug 30, 2011, at 10:03 AM, JD Wong wrote:
>
>> How can I set postgres to qutomatically close connections that have finished their queries and now sit idle?
AFAIK you can't, you should check |pg_terminate_backend function and see
if it is useful for you

> They haven't finished their queries. They've opened transactions, and then are sitting there doing nothing. In other
words,this is a bug in your clients, and no, you really would not want PG automatically terminating connections
mid-transactionjust because it thought the client was taking too long to get to the next step.
<IDLE> in transaction is what you mean...
<IDLE> are clients connected but not running any query