Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Copeland <greg@CopelandConsulting.Net> writes:
> On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 23:30, Tom Lane wrote:
>> FWIW, I did not notice any of the core developers making that case.

> I've seen it used a lot.

Perhaps my meaning wasn't clear: I meant that no one who's familiar
with the code base has made that argument against inheritance.  It
doesn't impact enough of the code to be a maintenance problem.  There
is quite a bit of inheritance code in tablecmds.c, and one or two
other files, but overall it's a very small issue.