Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Copeland
Subject Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 23:30, Tom Lane wrote:
> Greg Copeland <greg@CopelandConsulting.Net> writes:
> > I seem to find this argument a lot on the list here.  For some reason,
> > many of the developers are under the impression that even if code is
> > never touched, it has a very high level of effort to keep it in the code
> > base.  That is, of course, completely untrue.
>
> FWIW, I did not notice any of the core developers making that case.

I've seen it used a lot.  In many cases, it's asserted with nothing to
support it other than the fact that they are a core developer, however,
these assertions are often given against unspecified and undeveloped
code, so, it makes such an assertion invalid.

Greg