Re: Paths for C functions (was Re: Re: backend dies on 7.1.1 loading large datamodel.) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Paths for C functions (was Re: Re: backend dies on 7.1.1 loading large datamodel.)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Tom Lane writes:
>> where the backend automatically assumes that a relative path is relative
>> to $PGLIB.  I'd like to see the backend adding the file extension too,
>> to avoid platform dependencies (".so" is not universal).

> We could have a run-time parameter that sets a path where to look for
> modules.

For obvious security reasons, the library path must only be settable by
the dbadmin, and I see no good reason that it should be changeable
on-the-fly.  But we could treat it as a postmaster-start-only GUC
parameter...

            regards, tom lane