Re: Release notes on "reserved OIDs" - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Release notes on "reserved OIDs"
Date
Re: Release notes on "reserved OIDs"  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-docs
> Hmm.  I wonder if this item really belongs in the release notes at all.
> My view is that this was interim policy, not necessarily a permanent
> thing; and it's oriented strictly towards PG developers rather than end
> users or even fork-developers.

I think it's the sort of thing that we sometimes cover in the
"source code" changes of the release notes.  But yeah, 09568ec3d's
idea was pretty much fully superseded by a6417078c, so if we're
going to document anything it should be the latter not the former.

            regards, tom lane