Re: Release notes on "reserved OIDs" - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Release notes on "reserved OIDs"
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 12:35:09PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Hmm.  I wonder if this item really belongs in the release notes at all.
> > My view is that this was interim policy, not necessarily a permanent
> > thing; and it's oriented strictly towards PG developers rather than end
> > users or even fork-developers.
>
> I think it's the sort of thing that we sometimes cover in the
> "source code" changes of the release notes.  But yeah, 09568ec3d's
> idea was pretty much fully superseded by a6417078c, so if we're
> going to document anything it should be the latter not the former.

OK, sure.  I was just basing the release notes on this commit text:

    Add a note suggesting that oids in forks should be assigned in the
    9000-9999 range.

I was looking to see information that was relevant for the release
notes.  Please update as desired.