Re: 500x speed-down: Wrong statistics! - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 500x speed-down: Wrong statistics!
Date
List pgsql-performance
Alessandro Baretta <a.baretta@barettadeit.com> writes:
> I have no clue as to how or why the statistics were wrong
> yesterday--as I vacuum-analyzed continuously out of lack of any better
> idea--and I was stupid enough to re-timestamp everything before
> selecting from pg_stats.

Too bad.  I would be interested to find out how, if the stats were
up-to-date, the thing was still getting the row estimate so wrong.
If you manage to get the database back into its prior state please
do send along the pg_stats info.

            regards, tom lane