Re: Restore Data Encountered the ERROR: literal carriage return found in data Error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Restore Data Encountered the ERROR: literal carriage return found in data Error
Date
List pgsql-general
> On 04/03/10 23:52, Wang, Mary Y wrote:
>> I'm getting lots errors like this one: "psql:21.bak:340557: ERROR:
>> literal carriage return found in data HINT:  Use "\r" to represent
>> carriage return."

> I'd only expect this if an old pg_dumpall was being used.

Mary's dealing with a version so old that the behavior of COPY itself
was different.  One possible workaround is to use the --inserts option
of pg_dump.  That will mean slower dump and restore, though.

            regards, tom lane