Re: reducing isolation tests runtime - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: reducing isolation tests runtime
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Here's a concrete proposal.  Runtime is 45.7 seconds on my laptop.  It
> can be further reduced, but not by more than a second or two unless you
> get in the business of modifying other tests.  (I only modified
> deadlock-soft-2 because it saves 5 seconds).

Looks reasonable to me, but do we want to set any particular convention
about the max number of tests to run in parallel?  If so there should
be at least a comment saying what.

> Admittedly the new isolation_schedule file is a bit ugly.

Meh, seems fine.

We won't know if this really works till it hits the buildfarm,
I suppose.