Re: Remove references to pre-11 versions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Remove references to pre-11 versions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> I've attached a patch that removes some now redundant messaging about
> unsupported versions.

If we want to make that a policy, I think a lot more could be done
--- I remember noticing a documentation comment about some 8.x
version just recently.

However, "out of support" is a lot different from "nobody has any
code written for that version anymore".  So I'd be inclined to keep
the first hunk in your patch, the one explaining the regexp_matches-
in-a-subselect trick.  People will be trying to puzzle out why
somebody did it like that for years to come.

I agree with simplifying the other two spots.