Re: [PORTS] NT service design choices - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [PORTS] NT service design choices
Date
Re: [PORTS] NT service design choices  (Jason Tishler <Jason.Tishler@dothill.com>)
List pgsql-cygwin
Fred Yankowski <fred@ontosys.com> writes:
> But the 'cgyrunsrv' application has recently become available,
> providing a general wrapper capability for running any Cygwin process
> as as service.  I'm strongly considering using this wrapper to run
> PostgreSQL rather than continuing with the approach of integrating the
> service-management code right into postgres itself.

Sounds good to me.

>     -  Need to implement features in cygrunsrv that are specific
>        to only the PostgreSQL case so far.  (dependency on other
>        services, specific signals to shutdown the application,
>        logging all output to a file, clean shutdown in event of NT
>        shutdown).

The last three would seem to be generally useful additions to cygrunsrv
anyway.  I'm not sure what you mean by "dependency on other services".

            regards, tom lane