Re: NT service design choices - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Fred Yankowski
Subject Re: NT service design choices
Date
List pgsql-ports
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 01:28:57PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> The last three would seem to be generally useful additions to cygrunsrv
> anyway.

I think you're right, although to date the PostgreSQL service is the
first Cygwin service to need those features.

> I'm not sure what you mean by "dependency on other services".

The Cygwin port of PostgreSQL depends on having the 'ipc-daemon'
service already running when postmaster starts.  (In fact, it's needed
for initdb too, which is the #1 FAQ for pgsql-cygwin.)

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370