Re: Weird prepared stmt behavior - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Weird prepared stmt behavior
Date
Re: Weird prepared stmt behavior  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Right.  But note that Tom wants to distinguish between statements
> created via PREPARE (which would rollback) from those created via a
> Prepare message (which wouldn't).

Actually, no, I'd prefer not to make such a distinction; I'd be happy
with SQL-level PREPARE being nontransactional.  I'd be willing to put up
with that distinction if someone shows it's needed, but so far there's
not been a really good argument advanced for it, has there?