Re: Email list removal - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Email list removal
Date
List pgsql-novice
James Pitchford <jim.pitchford@ithought.biz> writes:
> I believe that link should be in the body of the email not hidden in the headers.

That's a fairly bad idea, actually.  Aside from it being a distracting
nuisance most of the time, people who include the entire body of a
message in their replies (which sadly is way too many people) would
be exposing the info needed to unsubscribe them.  Also, we can't
modify the bodies of messages as they pass through the list server
without breaking various anti-spam protocols.

            regards, tom lane