Re: is this a bug or I am blind? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: is this a bug or I am blind?
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 05:01:15PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Maybe so, but we still need to figure out what we're doing for the back
>> branches, and that won't be it ...

> To be honest, there are really only a handful of locales that suffer
> from this issue, so perhaps we should document it and move on.

"Let's not fix it" is really not an acceptable answer, because the
behavior in the affected locales is entirely broken (inconsistent,
etc).  And how do you know which locales are affected, anyway?

(Also, to be blunt, the COLLATE feature is pie in the sky until it
is done and supports indexes --- which I'm not sure you even know
how to do yet.  I'm not prepared to assume it will be in 8.2.)

            regards, tom lane