Re: [HACKERS] Patch queue -> wiki - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Patch queue -> wiki
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Patch queue -> wiki  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-www
[ redirected to -www ]

"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> - --On Saturday, April 05, 2008 03:37:08 +0100 Gregory Stark
> <stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> It probably would be neat if the email footer thingy added a url to each email
>> it distributed via the lists pointing to the permanent message-id-based url in
>> the archives for that message. Then at least you would have that handy.

> Actually, I think it was Magnus that asked me about this (or similar) ... I can
> add either an X-header, or something in the body, that includes the Message-Id,
> as ppl desire it ...

What we need is a link into the archives.  At the moment the Message-ID
is useless for that.  Is it feasible to make links likehttp://archives.postgresql.org/message-id?id=something
work?  I'd be a bit worried about scalability myself...
        regards, tom lane