Re: white paper. - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Liam O'Duibhir
Subject Re: white paper.
Date
Re: white paper.  ("Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders@acm.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy

Hello,

Gavin Sherry and I worked on a white paper presenting the 'Business case for PostgreSQL' in the past but for various reasons we haven't quite finished it.

In reading the thread from some weeks ago (initiated by Michael Dean on the 15th of June) regarding suitable white papers promoting PostgreSQL, we decided to see if our document could become something of broader interest to the community. With Gavin's assistance we have pulled out specific Fujitsu marketing material from it and checked it into the press project on pgfoundry. However, from Fujitsu's perspective, we would like to retain credit as being the originators of the document

You can read it here: http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/press/pr/whitepapers/business_case/whitepaper.tex?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain

The document is made for white paper readers -- managers -- so is lighter on technical detail and more focussed on issues we think this audience is interested in.

Obviously, it still needs work, in particular, some graphical representation of the concepts, improved layout and more detail on success stories people have had with PostgreSQL.

If you're interested in working on it, email myself or Gavin off list and we can coordinate it.

Our goal would be that people throughout the community could use the document to persuade a more business-focussed audience of the advantages of opting to use PostgreSQL.

All feedback, negative or positive, welcome.

Regards,

Liam O'Duibhir

Liam O'Duibhir - Product Manager - Open Source Software

Fujitsu Australia Software Technology

14 Rodborough Road, Frenchs Forest NSW 2086

Tel: (61-2) 9452 9068 Fax: (61-2) 9975 3779

Mob: 0423 025 852 Email: LiamOD@fast.fujitsu.com.au

http://fastware.com.au/postgresql.html