Re: Postgresql installation. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgresql installation.
Date
List pgsql-general
"Janio Rosa da Silva" <janio_2003@yahoo.com.br> writes:
> But, after this message the install proccess continue like this message. Th=
> e problem is that the installation never finish. I am thinking that the con=
> figure proccess is in loop. Have it anything relation with my hardware conf=
> iguration? The computer where I did this is:  AMD K6-II 200 MHZ; 64 MB memo=
> ry;

How long did you wait?  On a machine like that I'd not be surprised for
the configure script to run ten or fifteen minutes :-(.

If it actually is stuck, show us the last few lines printed on the
terminal as well as the last few lines stored in config.log. Also,
is it still consuming CPU?  (Use "top" to see if anything is going
on or not.)

            regards, tom lane