Re: Oh, this is embarrassing: init file logic is still broken - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Oh, this is embarrassing: init file logic is still broken
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> writes:
>>> That means that load_relcache_init_file *always* decides that the init
>>> file is busted and silently(!) ignores it.  So we're taking a nontrivial
>>> hit in backend startup speed as of the last set of minor releases.

>> OK, this is pretty bad in its real performance effects.  On a workload
>> which is dominated by new connection creation, we've lost about 17%
>> throughput.

> Are we going to release 9.4.5 etc. soon?

I can't see doing a release just for this.  If we were due for releases
anyway, sure, but we've considerably overstressed our poor packagers of
late.  Previous discussion was to the effect that we'd anticipate another
set of releases in a month or so, after some more multixact fixes have
landed.