postmaster -d option (was Re: [GENERAL] Relation 0 does not exist) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject postmaster -d option (was Re: [GENERAL] Relation 0 does not exist)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> ... I was running postmaster -d4, yet the only
> query I saw was the last LOG one. I pretty sure that I would see all queries
> with -d3 before..

It looked to me like you were just running with the recently-added
frill to log only queries that cause errors; which is on by default.

(Looks at code...)  Ah.  It looks like -d to the postmaster no longer
means anywhere near what it used to.  Bruce --- compare the handling
of -d in the backend (postgres.c lines 1251ff) with its handling in
the postmaster (postmaster.c lines 444ff).  Big difference.  Are we
going to make these more alike?  If so, which one do we like?