Re: Re: Changing the default value of an inherited column - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: Changing the default value of an inherited column
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Looks like it; and just to confirm, based on previous messages, I assume I
> should look at the parents from right to left?

At the moment that would be the right thing to do.

If we change the code again based on the latest discussion, then pg_dump
would have to detect whether there are conflicting defaults, which would
mean looking at all the parents not just the rightmost one.  Ugh.  That
might be a good reason not to change...