Re: [ADMIN] User administration tool - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan T. Kim
Subject Re: [ADMIN] User administration tool
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 10:48:54AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian writes:
> >
> > > I have started coding a user/group administration tool that allows you
> > > to add/modify/delete users and groups.  I should have something working
> > > in a week.  I will look similar to my pgmonitor tool.
> >
> > Pgaccess already does part of this.  If you're going to write it in Tcl/Tk
> > anyway, I think you might as well integrate it there.
>
> Wow, I see.  I never suspected it did that too.  :-)  Seems I don't need
> to write anything, except perhaps add group capabilities to pgaccess.

Isn't phpPgAdmin yet another tool of this type? I haven't tried it myself,
(no need, myself being the only user...) but the web page
(http://www.greatbridge.org/project/phppgadmin/projdisplay.php) says:
   Features include:
   * create and drop databases    * create, copy, drop and alter     tables/views/sequences/functions/indicies/triggers
  * edit and add fields (to the extent Postgres allows)    * execute any SQL-statement, even batch-queries    * manage
primaryand unique keys    * create and read dumps of tables    * administer one single database    * administer
multipleservers    * administer postgres users and groups

Greetinx, Jan
systemsare for files, not for humans  >=-----*